Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Temple tour

People who went to the temple trip with our primary last week know that Ty was having a hard time listening to the tour guide. He wanted to walk around by himself (very independent boy). He really likes the fountain. I was kind of embarrassed to have to hold him almost the whole time. I thought it wasn't worth the trip if he just wanted me to hold him and didn't really listen. They ended the tour at the Jesus statue. That was the place where Ty wanted to spend the most time. I took a little bit longer there and had the sweetest moment with him. I told him that Jesus got a big owie for us. I felt like the spirit was there to testify that was true. I can feel the change in him. He was calmer and didn't want to leave that room. He still talks about how Jesus got an owie at home. That really made the trip worth it.

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

That is a really cute picture and a cool story.

Jennifer Groves said...

Sweet boy! Our primary took a temple trip in the summer, and my kids could not stop talking about it. It's such a great activity!

Tracy Giles said...

That is such a great story and he looks very cute standing there :) Such a cute boy!